Friday, January 15, 2010

Spare Time

Spare time... is that a joke?
Anyway.
I have been trying my hand at sewing projects, to learn more and hopefully get better. I have been toying with the idea of trying to find local co-ops that would sell my projects or even putting together an etsy site. That would require me to come up with some sort of catchy name for my stuff, and right now that seems overwhelming. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't say that I am GOOD yet, but I am getting better. I mean, I would buy what I make, but I am also not a hard-to-please person. My labors-of-love have a handcrafted look to them and I try to make each one unique.Something about someone putting time and care into their creation makes it that much more beautiful, and in my eyes, so much more valuable. But that's just me.

As our budget allows I hope to expand my horizons, but for now it's what I can find on clearance or the remnants bin. I think I have been pretty successful so far with what I've worked with. I bought 8 yards of felt for less than $10. Not too shabby. Here are a few samples of what I've started putting together:
 
 Green Flower


Black BubbleTree


No comments:

Post a Comment