Sunday, July 4, 2010

LESPWA

Dear Friends, Family, & Faithful Readers,

I am asking for a minute of your time (beyond the minute it takes you to read my request). Many of you know or have heard stories about my friends, Diana and Jay, who have been living in Haiti since September of last year. They are there to bring hope and love to the people of Haiti, specifically the motherless and fatherless children of that country. They were there when the earthquake shattered the already fragile Haiti and continue to stay and help where they are needed.


I can't even begin to tell you all of the amazing and selfless things that D & J have embarked on, but I can tell you this: They are passionate about their ministry and faithful to follow where God has called them. I strongly believe in their organization, LESPWA Worldwide, Inc. because I wholeheartedly believe in them. And they need our help...

Here's the minute I am requesting: Chase Community is giving away $250,000 to the top one hundred non-profit organizations. Diana has personally asked me to actively join their cause and ask as many of my friends to
VOTE for them. It's easy, just click on the word vote in the last sentence and follow the directions.


If you have a blog, facebook, twitter, phone, email... please repost this request and ask your friends to do the same.

For more information on LESPWA, Diana and Jay, Jeremy Schurke (one of the LESPWA originals), or the man behind the photos above you can check out their website or blogs:
Thanks for taking the time to show love and support for my friends. I am grateful for you.

Sidenote: As I was sitting here writing I was overcome with chills from head to toe, with these lyrics repeating over and over in my mind (this is not a song I frequently hear or listen to intentionally) :

There is hope for the helpless

Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus
Lyrics from "Cry Out to Jesus" by Third Day

God often speaks great things in the faintest of whispers.
It's our job to be still and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment