Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Felt So Good

In the midst of Christmas crafting my fanny off, I visited Living Felt in preparation to resupply my stock very soon (hint on gifts - still act surprised - thanks) and lo and behold I found something that makes me want to dance. I went to the "Testimonials" tab and found this:

Thank you !!

...first project: a sweet bird mobile for a new baby... I got myself to Joann's as hurriedly as I could and nearly fell out at how expensive a quarter of an ounce of roving was going to cost, and I needed a lot more than that. I was a bit discouraged that my new hobby was over before it began because I couldn't afford it. Sad day in the life of a stay-at-home-crafting-to-keep-sane-because-I-live-in-the-woods-and-camp-is-starting-mama. And now I wouldn't be able to make my mobile.

I pulled myself out of that close call with defeat and went home to do some more research online...And that's when I found these fine folks, Living Felt. I quickly and easily found what I wanted and needed to get started at extremely fair prices. I spent about $30 and got a lot of variety of wool and colors...where at J's it would have cost me almost three times that for the same amount.

Not to mention my order was shipped that same day with a sweet hand-written note from the company.

And
then, just today, I got an email from them checking in to make sure I am enjoying my order and lending their assistance if I have any questions. They are good people, making sure they provide folks with the best product from humane practices... I will definitely continue to order from them...
_______________________________________________

Holy Guacamole! I am so stinking honored! Not only published in craft but in word as well - and a link to the blog to boot (maybe I should pick up the pace around here)... I am very encouraged.

And because all of this crazy excitement, I am going to give away some felting goodness. Yes, that's right, tell all of your friends. If a little one (or one to be) in your life needs to have a custom-color "Tweet Dreams" mobile hanging about their nursery, leave a comment here (one per day) and I will draw one week from today - so next Tuesday (11/23). Your mobile will be handcrafted and sent to you after the Thanksgiving holidays.

Spread the word. Get the bird.

Oh, you can also boost your possibilities if you get your friends to comment FOR you - just ask them to leave your name in the comment.

Thanks to Living Felt for proudly displaying my very first project, that now adorns my sweet new cousin's nursery.

If you aren't giving handmade for Christmas this year, think about it. Handmade or local - it's the new black. (More on that later...)

14 comments:

  1. I have two friends who are both pregnant right now and I'd love to give one of them your cute bird mobile. Way to go on the press!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute, we have a little one on the way :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son definitely needs a bird mobile!

    hrfarley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would give it to a friend who just welcomed her new grandchild (her first)
    jhbalvin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Beth! My bestest friend's little girl would love this! Put these on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE a mobile, it's so ethereal! Could we confine it to the nursery, though? Perhaps in the living room where everyone including baby can enjoy it? :)

    krherning at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Thank you for this nice giveaway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an adorable idea! love it. :) I'd put it in the nursery i've been putting the finishing touches on

    butiadoreyouu at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! You, your blog and the mobile! Love you! Xoxo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love this! My brother just has a little girl, this would look darling in her nursery!
    marloweopat at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is beautiful! my little cousin would love it!!or I may just save it for mine!! :) keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

    CerenaLeigh
    Luckycldh(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Would be perfect for my niece or my soon to be... :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. got my email wrong :( its iadoreyouu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete