Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chore Time

Apparently we are raising up a good one.
He loves chores...at seven months old!
Okay, maybe he just loves the appliance itself. One can hope.
And I am going to continue to hope because...confession: I abhor cleaning, housework, chores, and anything that resembles them. I don't like it. I don't find pleasure in it. It doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Relief from the clutter- maybe - but not the warm and fuzzies.
Simply, I am not good at it. And I don't like doing things that I am not good at (check back later for a post all about mediocrity). In the words of a friend, "I am not good at things I am not good at". Can I get an amen?
Let's all keep our fingers crossed that he gets his cleanliness gene from the other side of the family... or that it skips a generation.

1 comment:

  1. you are so funny! i love reading your blog entries because you make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete